August 21, 2011

Therati Pal (Pal Khova)

My fathers and FILs tastes are almost similar. Therati Pal is one amongst them. Last week there was a quater ltr pack of milk, and all of a sudden my MIL was distributing a spoon of Therati Pal to all at home. It was my FIL's doing. Today when I was thinking of wat to do as neivedhyam for Krishna Jayanthi, it suddenly struck me that we can try therati pal. At once I got the ratio from my MIL and got it done.
Ingredients
Milk - 1/2 ltr
Sugar - 1 cup

Method
In a pan, keep boiling milk continuously.When the milk is boiling, keep stirring or else keep a laddle in the pan so that the milk doesnt overflow.
When the milk reduces to 1/3rd the quantity of the initial amount, add sugar and keep stirring.
When the milk thickens a bit, switch of the heat and empty the contents onto another bowl; so that the therati pal doesnt become hard. You therati pal is ready!

Bon Appetit!!
Rudra

0 comments: