September 14, 2011

Paneer Katli - 100th Post

This is my 100th post, and I never knew I had blogged on so many recipes in such a short duration; Owing to the fact, I never used to spend these many hours in the kitchen. Its a 'thideer' hobby I guess. Well thanks to my mom, grand mom, BILs, bro who keep on viewing my site, stuff I make and be my genuine critics. My dad and FIL dont interfere much but keep complaining that I never make these dishes for them!!! My MIL whos the chef in our kitchen and almost 80% recipes are hers. She never claims copyrights though!! My hubby whos tolerating all my cooking idiocy and last but not the least friends who peep into my blog and comment on my posts.
Ok so shouldnt this be special? Century is a good thing after all. So I made paneer katli's today, celebrating my new found hobby.
Ingredients
Paneer - 3 cups
Sugar - 3 tbsp
Milk Powder - 3-4 tbsp
Ghee - 5 tbsp

Method
Crumble paneer and knead like a soft dough with sugar and milk powder and make sure there are no lumps.
Heat ghee in a pan, add the paneer mixture and keep stirring continuously.
Switch off heat when ghee oozes out. Allow to cool for a while and when warm knead again.
Lay it out on a flat surface, and allow to cool and thicken for 2-3 hours.
Cut into small squares or diamonds, garnish with cashew or badam and relish.

Im seding this to Radhika's Diwali Special - Sweets and Savories and Anu's Diwali - "Festival of Lights"
Diwali Special

Bon Appetit!!
Rudra

2 comments:

Padmajha said...

This looks so easy and must be yum too...

Unknown said...

first of all congrats on 100th post, that is amazing, yes, century is great !!!

and, that is such a new and interesting recipe to make on hitting a century, love this version of katli :)