August 7, 2011

Phulkas

Many a people who come home for dinner repeatedly ask my MIL, how do you make such soft and fluffy phulkas. My experiene with phulkas hasnt been that bad as i envisaged. But I have definately tried and tried to make it better with time. When I used to stay alone I always had these weekend parties at home, where I made some 40-50 phulkas where we needed just 30, coz ofcourse some of them were going to be burnt or harder. So try ad keep trying till you succeed.
Ingredients
Wheat Flour - 2 cups
Gingelly Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt - 2 pinches
Water for the dough

Method
Mix all the ingredients and prepare a soft dough.
Roll the dough thinly. Heat the tawa well and place the chapathi. Flip to the other side at once and then place the phulka on the flame directly. Once the phulka puffs, remove from heat apply some ghee and store it in a hot pack.
Serve hot with any side dish of your choice.

Note:
For soft phulkas, the dough should neither be very hard nor too sticky.
Allow the dough to rest for atleast half an hour.
Donot allow the phulka to rest on the tawa for long. Flip it immeditely.

Bon Appetit!!
Rudra

0 comments: