February 7, 2012

Zebra Cake

I have always wanted to bake my own cake, in a convention oven for a long time. Never did it dawn on me that it would be this simple!! Thanks to internet. I searched many a websites to see different versions of a cake and finally selected Roshan's Cucina. Her's contained egg, so I substituted it with alternatives. Roshan also happened to be my Blog Hop Partner for Feb and Chocolate Cake was this month's Crazy Cooking Challenge. So here's my Zebra Cake!!!

Ingredients
All Purpose Flour - 2 cup
Castor Sugar - 2 cup
Butter - 1 cup
Milk - 200 ml
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Cocoa Powder - 1 tbsp

Method
Mix and sift all purpose flour, castor sugar, baking powder, baking soda three to four times.
Soften Butter in a deep dish bowl. Mix milk and start adding the flour little by little. Whisk well, make sure no lump is formed.
The mixture will be in a silky consistency. If its too thick add some milk, and if too watery add some flour.
Seperate the mixture into two. Add vanilla essence to one portion and cocoa powder to another.

Grease a cake tin with butter or line it with parchment paper.
Pour a spoonful of choco mixture in the center,  then a spoonful of vanilla mixture.Again pour choco mixture, keep alternating until both mixes are empty.

Preheat oven to 200 degrees and bake for 20 minutes, until the pick comes out clean.

The cake by itself looks great, but you can top it with chocolate frosting and chocolate shavings.

If you like my zebra cake, please vote for me below on # 78.
Photobucket

Bon Appetit!!
Rudra

21 comments:

The Pumpkin Farm said...

looks yummy

Swetha said...

Looks inviting...

Kalyani said...

totally yum !


Kalyani
Sizzling Tastebuds
Event : Valentine Fest – Served with Love
Event : Cook with Spices - Coriander

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

yummy!!!

kitchen koala said...

Zebra cakes are always so fun to look at! Thanks for sharing :)

Archana said...

Wow looks great.

Melissa said...

Your cake looks delicious! I've made a similar Zebra cake before and it's so yummy :)

Please feel free to check out my recipe, I'm #37!

Unknown said...

Sounds great!! I bet it was really cute once you cut into it.

http://kaylasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/2012/02/black-magic-cake-with-pb-frosting.html

Rasi said...

Blog hopped my way here :) looks perfect & eggless.. following u now !do drop by my space sometime :)

Teri said...

So pretty! Yum!!

Harini said...

good one!

Lisa~~ said...

Zebra cakes are so fun to make.

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my Crazy Cooking Challenge entry: Double Chocolate Meyer Lemon Mousse Cake

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Dawn @ Words Of Deliciousness said...

Your cake looks delicious!!

Kim Bee said...

Very cool. Love a good zebra cake.

Radhika said...

The cake has come out great Rudra. love the designs on them.

Tickling Palates
Event : Let’s Cook – Sweet Somethings

Miz Helen said...

What a great cake, I really want to try this recipe. I love your little good-bye wave on your blog. That is so cute, refreshing and brought a smile to my face! Thanks for sharing and hope you have a wonderful week!
Miz Helen
#7

rajani said...

The cake looks really good!

Kristen said...

That is a neat cake. I love the rings of color. I bet it is really impressive to serve.

Jennifer said...

Love it!

Jen #79

Unknown said...

This looks amazing and unique. I can't wait to try this one out.

Regards,
Haley McAdams
Texas Food Handlers

boulevardsg said...

I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike was Additional Blogs Which I Have read are really not good.
Restaurant bars in singapore