January 29, 2012

Ash Gourd MorKootu

I used to stay in a hostel during my college days, and whenever I used to visit my family the menu used to be the same everytime. PooshniKai Morkootu, Jeera Rasam. I love it sooooo much. Tried it out the first time myself!!

Ingredients
Cubed Ash Gourd - 1 cup (Cooked)
Chana Dal - 1/2 tbsp
Coconut - 1/2 cup
Green Chili - 2
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Fried Dal - 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
Curry Leaves - a little
Butter Milk - 1 cup
Salt to taste
Coconut Oil for cooking

Method
Grind coconut, green chilli, cumin seeds, fried dal into a fine paste.
Heat oil, temper mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal, curry leaves, asafoetida.
Add cooked ash gourd, coconut paste, salt and allow to boil till the gravy thickens.
Add butter milk and mix well on high heat for one minute. Serve hot with rasam, thuvayal.

Sending this to Vidhya's Cooking Challenge - Flavors of Tamil Nadu and Sara's Cooking With Love - Grandmom

Bon Appetit!!
Rudra

0 comments: