August 19, 2011

Orange Microwavable Cake

I tried this out long time back. I always wanted to bake cakes but just not enough patience to do one. So one day when I was having visitors I thought I will prepare this microwavable cake (recipe from some internet site) and see how it works.
Ingredients
1-1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp soda bicarb
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sunflower oil
3/4 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup yogurt
3/4 cup orange juice (I used fresh squeezed)
2 tsp orange zest
1/2 cup milk

Method
Lightly grease an 8" round baking pan.
In a bowl, sift together the flour, soda bicarb and baking powder.
In another bowl, cream together the oil, sugar and yogurt.
Add the juice, orange zest, flour and milk; mix well and pour into the prepared pan.
Bake for about 12 min at highest power initially and do more if required.
Let it remain in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire cooling rack
Add some sulatanas and raisins/orange marmalade for the dressing.

Bon Appetit!!
Rudra

1 comments:

Archana said...

I made this cake for blog hop. Actually I was make your jalfrize but this one won the debate. Will make that later. Thanks for this delicious cake.